Saturday, August 31, 2024

Taste of Country Exclusive - Rory Feek and Homestead Heritage


(Photo Source: Taste of Country)


This post is going to take me a few edits to finalize. My apologies for that. There are important comments to make about the stories told here, and my time is a little stretched at the moment. 

I was aware that Rory Feek was spending time at Homestead Heritage communities. Before the story in Taste of County where Heidi Feek raises concerns about her young sister’s safety within these communities, I heard about Rory singing at Homestead Heritage's Greycliff Farm Festival in July 2024 in Montana.



His choice of songs here is pertinent not only to the issues raised by his daughter, Heidi, but also raised a few eyebrows amongst some of the ex-members of Homestead Heritage. In his blog response to the Taste of Country article Rory writes:
Heidi doesn't think she has to respect my wishes when it comes to her little sister. They want Indy to watch the movies they want to play for her, listen to the songs they want her to hear, and be exposed to the things they want to expose her to. But Indiana is my daughter, and I know what Joey would want, and I am standing firmly on not compromising the values and principles that are important to me to raise Indy with. (Source, emphasis added)


In People's story on the events, Heidi's husband, Dillon, said he allowed Indy to listen to Disney songs and Whitney Houston songs on his phone. Ok. My question is this: why does Rory find Disney and Whitney Houston songs so objectionable to his "values and principles" for Indy, when he and the Homestead Heritage community in Montana found the following song appropriate to sing for the audience at the Greycliff Farm Festival?




More to come.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read this post. Please read the comment policy before commenting.